Superannuation Claims

If you are unable to work due to sickness or injury, you may be able to make a claim for total and permanent disablement (TPD) through your superannuation fund. Most people have some level of total and permanent disablement insurance. It is separate from the regular superannuation contributions made by your employer.

Your superannuation fund must be satisfied that you are unlikely to be able to return to your normal job or any other job which you are suited by reason of you education or experience. It is important that your superannuation fund is provided with all of the necessary information and documentation to support a TPD claim.

We are experts in this area and can assist you to ensure the best possible outcome from the claim is achieved.

If you do not have TPD insurance, we can still assist you with a claim from early release of your superannuation monies. The categories for the early release of superannuation monies are as follows:

  • If you are in severe financial hardship;
  • If you are suffering from a terminal illness;
  • If you have a permanent incapability;
  • If your superannuation balance is $200 or less;
  • If you are departing permanently from Australia;
  • On certain compassionate grounds, ie: for medial support or treatment, mortgage assistance, modifications to your home or motor vehicle, palliative care or funeral expenses for a dependant.

If you wish to make a TPD claim or discuss early release of your superannuation monies, contact us today for a free no-obligation consultation.